Yate Town FC began life as Yate Rovers in 1906. On reforming after WW2 in 1946 they became Yate YMCA, but dropped the YMCA suffix from their title in favour of Town in 1959.
In 1983 the club gained promotion to the Helenic League, and the following year moved to their present ground in Lodge Road, having previously played at Yate Aerodrome (1954-60) and Sunnyside Lane (1960-84). In 1989 Yate won promotion to the Southern League for the first time.
Lodge Road is quite an attractive if unpretentious ground, with all the facilities along the near touchline. Mature trees border the remaining sides of the ground, giving it quite a rural flavour. This is enhanced by the use of halved tree trunks as a perimeter rail.
The stand, erected in 1987, is a modest cantilever design of brick and steel construction. Located towards the far end of the touchline, there is a low, white painted brick wall immediately in front. There are 236 seats in the club colours. Although set at a low level, there are no supporting pillars to obscure the view.
A small, rather basic committee room is situated just inside the turnstiles, adjacent to the stand. Immediately in front is a small shelter for those seeking refuge from the elements, who also wish to be as near to the comfortable clubhouse as possible! There is ample car parking inside the main gate.
Two brick dugouts stand on either side of the shelter. These are set slightly below pitch level and accessed by a couple of steps. Floodlights were erected in 1988.
Exit the M4 at J18. Take the A46 towards Stroud, and then the A432 to Yate. Turn right into Green Goose Way at the first roundabout. Turn right at third main traffic lights into North Road, then 1st left into Lodge Road.
Yate (BR) half a mile.